Re: [TED] Action-188, ISSUE: production rule systems have "difficulty" with recursive rules in RIF Core

Well, if the purpose of the RIF is to have a language that represents
the intersection of all rule languages, as opposed to being a means
of interchange between rule systems, then you would be right. But I
am strongly of the view that the intersection of all rule languages
is empty.

On the other hand, a different form of conformance would be that any
given rule language should be able to express their rules in the RIF.
That does not require all rule language engines to be able to
understand all elements of the core.

Frank