RE: [TED] Action-188, ISSUE: production rule systems have "difficulty" with recursive rules in RIF Core

> AFAIK, a complete solution is at least a research problem.

Related issues have been studied using "magic set" transformations:
http://www.informatik.uni-trier.de/~ley/db/conf/pods/MumickFPR90.html
http://www.sigmod.org/sigmod/pods/proc03/online/105-behrend.pdf
http://www.cs.bris.ac.uk/~john/transformation.html
http://indalog.ual.es/Xindalog/documentacion/transf_xindalog.html