Re: Introductions

Dear all,

Find below a brief introduction of myself and answers to the questions
sandro raised:

-- Role: Alternate (principal is Jos de Bruijn)

-- Regrets to first F2F

-- Short Bio:
    I studied Computer Science at the Vienna University of Technology
    where he finished my MSc in 2001. From 2001 until 2003
    I worked as a research assistant at the Institute of Information
    Systems at the same university. I received my PhD on the topic of
    planning under uncertainty using Answer Set Programming in October
    2003, where I developed a planning front-end for the
    declarative logic programming system DLV and gained experience in
    the usage of declarative rule languages for describing static
    knowledge as well as dynamic action domains.
     I am currently working at DERI Innsbruck at the Leopold-Franzens
    Universitaet Innsbruck in the areas of Semantic Web, Rule and
    Ontology Languages, and Semantic Web Services. Relevant research
    projects and working groups I am or have been participating in
    include WSML and SWSL. I represent DERI Innsbruck in the
    AC of the W3C, acted as a local organizer of the W3C workshop on
    "Frameworks for Semantic Web Services" in June 2005 in Innsbruck and
    was involved in the WSML and WRL W3C member submissiond. I
    will be the main organizer of the upcoming international workshop on
    "Applications of Logic Programming in the Semantic Web and Semantic
    Web Services (ALPSWS2006)" at the  Federated Logic Conference
    (FLOC2006) next August.

-- Contact Info:
    Dr. Axel Polleres
    Axel.Polleres@deri.org or axel@polleres.net
    http://www.polleres.net/

-- what I expect to get out of this WG:

    An extensible modular rule language which unifies the extensions and
    requirements as specified in the charter. As interoperable as
    possible with but not necessarily on top of OWL, at least setting
    high value on defining efficiently usable fragments.

-- what I hope/expect to contribute:

    My main insterest is in providing and fullfilling use cases for the
    necessary extensions in phase two, since I have experience with
    different extensions of declarative rule languages. Still, I
    naturally also want to actively contribute to the least common
    fundament to be provided by phase one, where I think that the WRL
    proposal provides a good fundament:

    This naturally focuses my main interest in Phase one on Deliverable:
    "Use Cases and Requirements"

best regards,
Axel

--
Dr. Axel Polleres
Digital Enterprise Research Institute - DERI Innsbruck