Fw: Verification of RIF-PRD rule document

----- Forwarded by Christian De Sainte Marie/France/IBM on 15/03/2010
13:49 -----

From:
Christian De Sainte Marie/France/IBM
To:
Simon.Payne@1spatial.com
Cc:
'public-rif-comments@w3.org, team-rif-chairs@w3.org,
luis.polo@fundacionctic.org
Date:
15/03/2010 13:42
Re: Verification of RIF-PRD rule document

Dear Mr. Payne,

Thank you for your interest in RIF

You wrote on March 5, 2010:

> I have begun work on writing RIF-PRD documents to see if I could
> express some of the transformations. However, I am slowed down by
> uncertainty as to whether I have understood the specification correctly.
> Because of this, I am searching for tools that can verify the syntax of
> my documents, as well as some expert guidance that can speed up
> my absorption of the features of the language.
>
> Can you give me any advice that will assist with this?  Could I for
> example submit a sample of my documents for comments and
> correction?  It would be great if we could discuss this.

CTIC, a technology center in Spain, has developed a RIF Core validator,
and is working on a RIF-PRD one [1].

You can use the RIF-Core validator for your simplest rules, ones where all
the condition elements are in the <if> formula (none in <pattern>
formulas), and that have no negation in the condition and only assert
actions, with no action variables and expressed in formula syntax.

 However, I do not know when the RIF-PRD validator will be available: in
the mean time, I will be glad to review a sample of your rules and RIF
documents and to discuss it with you.

[1] http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/rifle/index.php?title=Validator

Best regards,

Christian de Sainte Marie

IBM
9 rue de Verdun
94253 - Gentilly cedex - FRANCE
Tel. +33 1 49 08 35 00
Fax +33 1 49 08 35 10

Compagnie IBM France
Siege Social : 17 avenue de l'Europe, 92275 Bois-Colombes Cedex
RCS Nanterre 552 118 465
Forme Sociale : S.A.S.
Capital Social : 611.451.766,20 ?
SIREN/SIRET : 552 118 465 03644