Re: Mozilla blog: DRM and the Challenge of Serving Users

On 16/05/14 09:24, cobaco wrote:
> As to not supporting DRM putting Mozilla 'at an increasing competitive
> disadvantage',  I don't believe that at all:

You are free not to believe it; however, the relevant people at Mozilla do.

> To those of us that are against DRM the absence of DRM support is a positive
> bullet point, a competitive advantage, a feature, not the opposite.

If you were a significant proportion of the world's population, I'm sure
things would look very different.

> - By not matching actions to words (or the reverse) Mozilla is just coming
> across as a big honking hypocrite, and statements like the above just
> reinforce that

Hypocrisy is saying one thing in public and doing another in private.

We are saying "we don't like DRM, but sadly we have to implement it" in
public, and we are doing exactly that, in public.

Gerv