Re: Forwarded Invite to Discussion of EME at the European Parliament, Oct. 15, 11:00-13:00

Henri Sivonen wrote:

> I hope people who are opposed to DRM avoided accepting the talking
> point that DRM for streaming is needed to uphold the present business
> model of the movie industry.

I don't think it's needed, I don't think you do (although given the length
of sentences, I could be wrong!). In fact I doubt Netflix believes it helps
that much either.

But the studios do.

As I've said elsewhere, it's /their/ perception that needs to change on
this, Netflix (and BBC etc) are middle men, distributors, it is the content
creators (copyright holders) that require DRM.

-Alastair