Re: Forwarded Invite to Discussion of EME at the European Parliament, Oct. 15, 11:00-13:00

On Oct 17, 2013, at 15:38 , cobaco <cobaco@freemen.be> wrote:

>>> - one of those guys at a traffic stop that starts cleaning your windows
>>> unasked and then gets all outraged if you refuse to pay for the
>>> unrequested service
>
>> This is a completely false analogy.  If you don't want to pay for the
>> content, no-one is forcing it on you.
>
> So If I make a copy of something, nobody is gonna try and stop me?  Nobody is
> gonna have a problem with that?
>
> I bet that's news to all the people who got sued by the MPAA or their local
> equivalent

Are you seriously suggesting that someone washing your windows unasked, and then trying to charge you, is in any way analogous to you stealing something and then being sued for that theft?

Much of your email imagines a fantasy world in which people who create content are obliged to give it away free.  That's not the world we live in.

David Singer