Re: I strongly urge all supporters to reconsider the EME proposal. It is not in your best interests!

Mark Watson <watsonm@netflix.com> wrote:

> My point was that what is or is not legal in a given
> country is something that service providers need to watch out for,
> not something we need to debate here.

Even though W3C is not an intergovernmental organization, it is a body
that makes global Internet governance decisions.

Any such decisions that are incompatible with existing national law
(that doesn't violate internationally recognized human rights), or with
how national laws could reasonably be changed, are a very serious
matter. That is not the kind of thing that W3C could legitimately
decide without consultation of the parliaments of the democratic
countries of the world.

Greetings,
Norbert