Re: Is EME usable regardless of the software/hardware I use ?

John Foliot <john@foliot.ca> wrote:

> Why do anti-DRM proponents continue to call
> movies "software"? There is something very disingenuous about that.

In the ISO/IEC standards on Software Asset Management (ISO/IEC 19770-*),
movies are included in the meaning of the term “software asset” that is
used there.

I would claim that there is nothing disingenuous about that. In fact
there is no difference between the reasonable ways for managing
software assets that happen to be movies, and the reasonable ways for
managing any other type of software assets.

Greetings,
Norbert