Re: What is the "open web" ?

Security is based on the weakest slabon of the chain. It is always the
final user and the point where content is played, but besides that, if a
DRM system is broken for a minimal population, is broken for everybody
since piracy copies will appear yes or yes, and that's the reason
second-line hifi systems will be always in higher demand that first ones,
because they are capable to play anything and in a lot of diferent formats.

As they told me several years ago, "information wants to be free"... only
that I though they were talking about just for software source code. Now I
see did't :-) For me, a DRM system will be effective only the day than, at
least from a technical point of view, it's impossible to copy or play
without authorization without taking measures that conflict with Human
Rights (and being honest I believe it's posible, only that really expensive
for majors to implement it, both at development, implementation, and loss
of revenues by piracy related beneficts as merchandising and similar).