Re: Netflix HTML5 player in IE 11 on Windows 8.1

On 7/6/2013 5:59 AM, Duncan Bayne wrote:
>> Exactly. That's why finding better alternatives is not a valid argument.
>> The debate here is not about DRM being bad or good. The debate is
>> whether this should be a W3C standard or not.
> And, from what we've been told, that was never debated at all, and won't
> be.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say that it won't be debated whether
this should be a W3C standard or not.  This mailing list houses a fairly
substantial debate: both about whether content protection should be in
scope and also whether EME is an acceptable solution for that scope.