Re: W3C mock's users [via Restricted Media Community Group]

On 8/19/2013 9:23 PM, Mhyst wrote:
> He was trying to brief me the whole thing... which I appreciate.
> The basic thing is like he said, isn't it?
>
> Now if I ask you, Jeff, how much money do they pay (the interested
> companies, obviously) you for allowing this nonsense... would you
> consider offensive as well?

Certainly, that question is at least uninformed.

Members of W3C pay according to a well defined schedule which gives them
full Membership privileges.  No extra money has been paid for anything
related to EME.

W3C Director, Tim Berners-Lee decides on the scope of Working Groups.  I
find it pretty offensive that someone would suggest that he makes these
decisions based on money paid.  His decision to make the web open;
rather than used for his proprietary advantage certainly disproves your
theory.