Re: W3C mock's users [via Restricted Media Community Group]

On Aug 18, 2013, at 19:30 , Julio Cesar Serrano <mhysterio@gmail.com> wrote:

> When I read W3C arguments, I read everywhere "protected content". What is this?
> Mockery? That is just propaganda to try to tip the scales towards the wishes of
> the industry. Why don't they say "paid content"? Web content is there to be
> seen. Content needs not to be protected in any way. To state it plainly […]

Oh boy.  The W3C is just the members, plus the staff, so to impute any stance to it is strange.  Then, there is a difference between paid content and protected content; there is content that is paid for that is not protected, and I can certainly imagine uses where free content is nonetheless protected.

There is no mocking going on that I see (well, sometimes the conversation gets a little warm, but it's a subject that is both interesting and a focus for strong opinions).  But, in case of any doubt, let's keep the conversation productive and professional!

David Singer