Re: SVG hinting proposal feedback

Hey Bogdan!

Great to see this work underway—we’re generally more concerned with the bitmap side of things around these parts, but I know I’m using SVG whenever and wherever I can in my daily work.

Could you give us a better sense of the feedback that would be most helpful, here? I’m not an expert on all the gritty SVG details myself, but I’m sure we have a few people in the group who’d be interested in discussing use cases for pixel-perfect control over the contents of an SVG. http://dcurt.is/pixel-fitting seems like the easiest to parse summary of the issue you guys are looking to solve—are you just looking for scenarios beyond icons and logos and such where this is a concern? I’m sure we could come up with a few things.

-M

P.S.: One thing we’ve found really useful in these discussions is a stand-alone use cases document, independent of any proposed solutions (or even mention of something that might be considered for a solution), so hashing out the use cases can kind of happen in a vacuum: http://usecases.responsiveimages.org/