Re: CfC: to publish "The srcset attribute" specification as a First Public Working Draft (FPWD)

On Thursday, 7. February 2013 at 10:11, Robin Berjon wrote:
> On 06/02/2013 23:39 , Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
> > I'm not sure if you saw this on the thread about the picture element
> > CfC: after understanding that the two specifications are not competing
> > with each other but are meant to complete each other to cover the
> > responsive images use cases, I was left to wonder why we have two
> > separate specifications.
> >

> There's still some open discussion about which use cases need to be
> tackled, and how.

While this is true, both specifications currently tackle different use-cases and for now are not yet fully compatible to each other.
This should be fixed by next weeks but the use-cases will always be different:
- picture is for art-direction mainly and is a completely new element while
- the srcset attribute is an attribute which should be usable on picture and img element.

For that I think authoring both specifications together to reach a good goal is important but I don't think we should merge
both specifications into one covering all.

--
Anselm Hannemann – @helloanselm