RE: -webkit-image-set

From: Adrian Roselli <Roselli@algonquinstudios.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 16:06:22 -0400
To: Kevin Suttle <kevin@kevinsuttle.com>
CC: <public-respimg@w3.org>
Apparently all the discussion on this has taken place on the site, so I know I have missed plenty.

I don’t understand your question below, though. Does what need a markup-based solution? Providing multiple image options to the browser, or providing sizing information to the browser?

From: Kevin Suttle [mailto:kevin@kevinsuttle.com]

This is a point I brought up on the site. To re-cap:

"img is content, so having it in markup makes sense. However, the size of an img is presentational. By design, this is most likely a problem that CSS needs to solve."

I guess the way I see it, if it is the same image content, does it need a markup-based solution? We're trying to tackle a performance/presentation issue. Thoughts?

KS