Responsive Content Images using a spacer PNG and background-image [via Responsive Images Community Group]

From: Matt Stow <matt@mattstow.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 00:41:47 +0000
To: public-respimg@w3.org
I've spoken to a few people on Twitter about this, but it occured me to that the
simplest way of dealing with content images (as img tags) in a responsive design
and for retina screens was to use a spacer PNG (generally smaller than an GIF)
and background images. All it requires is a blank PNG [...]

This post sent on Responsive Images Community Group

'Responsive Content Images using a spacer PNG and background-image'

http://www.w3.org/community/respimg/2012/04/06/responsive-content-images-using-a-spacer-png-and-background-image/

Learn more about the Responsive Images Community Group:

http://www.w3.org/community/respimg