The new elephant: Image Quality and Retina Displays [via Responsive Images Community Group]

From: Kevin Suttle <kevin@kevinsuttle.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 21:53:58 +0000
To: public-respimg@w3.org
Several posts are being passed around regarding the 3rd generation iPad's Retina
Graphics holding a direct light on how compressed our images are on the web.
http://www.mobify.com/blog/ipad-3-and-retina-screen-what-it-means-for-your-mobile-commerce-site/
http://daringfireball.net/2012/03/ipad_3
http://cloudfour.com/how-apple-com-will-serve-retina-images-to-new-ipads/
http://bradfrostweb.com/blog/notes/ipad3s-retina-display-web/
http://www.mobilexweb.com/blog/ios-5-1-new-ipad-web-developers I thought I'd
start a discussion on possible approaches (notice I didn't use the word
'solutions' because I think it'll be an iterative process), and the potential
pitfalls this might bring [...]

This post sent on Responsive Images Community Group

'The new elephant: Image Quality and Retina Displays'

http://www.w3.org/community/respimg/2012/04/02/the-new-elephant-image-quality-and-retina-displays/

Learn more about the Responsive Images Community Group:

http://www.w3.org/community/respimg