Re: Feature request - Optional API keys

Great that we are all on the same page.

My  vote would be similar to what you outline below, but just to call the parameter “api_token” to make it crystal clear what it is to anyone who is looking at the URL.

From: Thad Guidry <thadguidry@gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2019 at 17:59
To: Antonin Delpeuch <antonin@delpeuch.eu>
Cc: "public-reconciliation@w3.org" <public-reconciliation@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Feature request - Optional API keys

Please for the love of OpenRefine...

Let's do it like the big boys do and use an authorization token (a parameter).  Debugging bad requests are easier on the consumer.
Bolting it together for the publisher of the service is trivial and marginally better than headers. And easier for them to debug as well!

For those publishers that later want to enable Oauth dancing, it will be easier to support that upgrade path.

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?key=YOUR_API_KEY&libraries=places"></script>

Thad
https://www.linkedin.com/in/thadguidry/