Re: simplerdf & Towards the future RDF library

Dear all,
thanks a lot for the nice welcome and thanks @elf for sharing this.

I have two points to make about this conversation about my personal experience that summarize the conversation

1) Interoperability. We can work on the same library, but what we should do - really -  is to work on the same spec.
This is why I joined the development of rdf-ext, they defined an interface that all of the packages me and others wrote adopt it.
Now, I shall not be forced to use RDF-Ext forever, in fact, I can just pick and mix different packages and they would still interoperate

2) Modularization. We can work on one unique library, but we would gain much more by decomposing all of our libraries (what we are doing with rdf-ext) and follow (1). To give an example, SimpleRDF accepts a graph, as long as you pass a graph that supports RDF-Interfaces, you can use any library. The interesting thing of RDF-Ext is that when it will be completely modularized, then its scheleton would be incredibly thin for everyone to personalize it.

In other words, a joint effort for one final library would be incredibly great,
but - whether the final library may or may not exist - by having simple contained modules supporting the same interface will win in either cases.

I am happy to join and discuss further the directions towards a future RDF library.
The SimpleRDF is a proof of concept I would like you to experiment and introduce new ideas,
maybe this simplicity will be preferred by the users not in our field over a traditional library using RDF-Interfaces/Ext

Nicola Greco
- Keep on rocking the free web