Re: simplerdf & Towards the future RDF library

Hi Ruben,

Am 12.09.2015 um 12:27 schrieb Ruben Verborgh:
> So "current work" here means "RDF-Ext", right?

The changes required in RDF-Ext to implement everything I described in
my last mail. Some of that is already done.

> Alright—but perhaps we could:
> 1) either broaden RDF-Ext to include more people of the community

Sure, I thought I start with the decoupling to break down commits and
discussions to the related modules.

> My concern is that RDF-Ext might already have taken a certain direction
> (like I have with my library N3.js for instance);
> whereas I'd really like an open discussion about possible directions.

Yes, it has taken already certain direction, but only on a low level API
and mainly based on the RDF-Interfaces spec. I'm open for discussions,
but I expect most discussions in modules around RDF-Ext.

>> I agree that we should have a place to hang out. I would propose gitter:
>> https://gitter.im/rdfjs
>
> That's a good start indeed, but we probably also need a structured document place somewhere.
> Perhaps the wiki of this group? https://www.w3.org/community/rdfjs/wiki/Main_Page

A wiki page would be good, but we have to make sure information is not
redundant, out of sync or even lost because of the different services we
are using. From a coders point of view, github is great because of the
integrated issued tracker, pull requests, Travis CI integration, etc. I
understand the wish for decentralization on that level, but at the
moment it takes much more overhead. Hopefully the output of this project
can be used to implement our wished :-)

bergi