Re: Bringing fast triples to Node.js with HDT

Dear Ruben,

Thanks a lot for this as I've been using HDT extensively and I'm a
Node.js fan. About a couple months ago I started trying to do
something in pure browser JavaScript along these same lines. In fact I
was trying to load an HDT file in a Web browser. As you say JavaScript
typed arrays provide lots of functionality for reading files but
you'll eventually hit a hard limit when it comes to memory space.
However I think it would still be an interesting solution because even
only 30MB in memory could amount to 10 million triples which is a lot
of data.

In any case, this is a huge step forward in bringing more Semantic Web
technologies to the JavaScript world. In fact the ease of use for this
is frightening: just startup a node server, instantly load your entire
database (no indexing required if it's in HDT already) and publish
your linked data! This makes me want to write a Pubby version for
Node.js that works using HDT's triple matching capabilities.

Best,
Luca