Re: JavaScript and Scala Workshop Paris Oct 25

---- Melvin Carvalho wrote ----

> On 11 October 2014 12:23, henry.story@bblfish.net <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
>   in case some of you are in Paris, we are organising a Workshop
> on 25 October after the scala.io conference on the subject of
> JavaScript, Scala and Linked Data .
>
>   If you are in Paris please sign up and pop by
>
>    http://www.meetup.com/Assemblee-Virtuelle/events/211506572/
>
>   There are a lot of things that the worlds of Scala and JavaScript
> can bring to each other I believe :-)
>

> Thanks for the invite!
>

> It seems clear that JS offers something to scala, namely, ubiquity (everything talks it), network effect, and a large mainstream community or users and developers.
>
> Whilst I've seen some videos on scala and it look interesting from a theoretical perspective, it seems slightly unclear on what scala offers members of to the JS / LD community?

Too many to list from a smartphone 📱 really :-)

Succinctly:
You get all the advantages of JS + a typesafety ( makes it easier to reason about code ) + a language that makes it easy to wite DSLs + macros + killer libraries tested on Twitter servers or developed by the best in functional programming ( eg. Scalaz, ...  ) which are much more complete than underscore, + type inferencing, + you can call JS code directly and have JS code call scalajs libs.
Ie a perfect language to write advanced tools such as rdf libraries .