Re: JavaScript and Scala Workshop Paris Oct 25

On 11 October 2014 12:23, henry.story@bblfish.net <henry.story@bblfish.net>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>   in case some of you are in Paris, we are organising a Workshop
> on 25 October after the scala.io conference on the subject of
> JavaScript, Scala and Linked Data .
>
>   If you are in Paris please sign up and pop by
>
>    http://www.meetup.com/Assemblee-Virtuelle/events/211506572/
>
>   There are a lot of things that the worlds of Scala and JavaScript
> can bring to each other I believe :-)

Thanks for the invite!

It seems clear that JS offers something to scala, namely, ubiquity
(everything talks it), network effect, and a large mainstream community or
users and developers.

Whilst I've seen some videos on scala and it look interesting from a
theoretical perspective, it seems slightly unclear on what scala offers
members of to the JS / LD community?