Re: LDApp Linked Data Stack + RDF-Ext + ... (RDF-Ext in detail)

Some additional thoughts:

I've been running into this problem too. Even though I sort of consider RDF
Interfaces a low-level API, if you want asynchronous functions or anything
going over the network, you likely also want functions for dealing with
linked lists (e.g. RDF Collections and other capped containers).

Like SPARQL, for instance. Though SPARQL is a bit too high level for many
things...

I know I brought up, in an earlier message, to public-rdfjs, a proposal for
an IndexedDB-style queries of graph databases:

<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdfjs/2013Oct/0040.html>

Another alternative could look something like a transaction:

var tx = createGraphTransaction('http://example.com/endpoint', 'readwrite');
tx.add(new Triple(...));
tx.remove(new Triple('...'));
// Option one, an explicit commit:
var promise = tx.commit();
// Or an implicit commit, IndexedDB-style:
tx.oncommit = function(){
    // Data has been persisted, and `tx` is no longer writable
    // i.e. calls to add() and remove(), etc, will throw an Error
};

RDF Interfaces does specify a standard API for parsing data into a graph,
however it doesn't support the very recent streaming APIs, as far as I can
tell, you have to send it the entire document at once.

Though I'm not so sure we need to cram everything into a single API. Don't
forget about "RDF API" and "RDFa API":

http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-api/
http://www.w3.org/TR/rdfa-api/

I'd really like to get around to taking up work on these, again. The
Semantic Web is a complex tangle and needs good tools, disproportionately
more so than other technologies.

I meant to post about another idea I had, putting a JSON-LD "context" in
the prototype of an ECMAScript constructor, so you can turn regular
instances into JSON-LD objects and parse them into a small graph - and
possibly also reverse this process, perhaps isomorphically (to the extent
that Open World Assumption is isomorphic). Then use standard active record
pattern to persist the data in the store of your choice.

Austin Wright.