Re: JS library for converting RDF formats [via RDF JavaScript Libraries Community Group]

On 03.10.13 00:00, Luca Matteis wrote:

Hi Luca,

> I would personally love to see a pure-JavaScript library for converting RDF in
> various formats. Like RDF/XML to Turtle to JSON-LD. There's various
> implementations either for Node or for the browser, but nothing pure JS that
> supports all major formats above. What do you think?

I think the parsers are quite far right now:

- There are several Turtle/N3 parsers, one of the most robust and up to
date one is probably the one from Ruben:
https://github.com/RubenVerborgh/node-n3
- RDF/XML: Seems to be in https://github.com/linkeddata/rdflib.js which
is working on Node.js as well since a few months
- JSON-LD probably via the implementation provided on the JSON-LD homepage
- RDFa (not sure what options there are, never really used them)

AFAIK all of them should work in Node and in browser. rdfstore-js
provides most of them and work both in Node and in browser (with the
notable exception of RDF/XML)

Serializing looks worse IMHO, I didn't find much more than NT and
JSON-LD so far.

I think it would be great if we manage to get the standard formats to
work in a generic way so not everyone has to re-invent the wheel when he
needs a specific parser/serializer.

regards

Adrian

--