Re: N3.js 0.2.0: now with browser support

On Dec 6, 2013, at 10:43 PM, Adrian Gschwend <ktk@netlabs.org> wrote:

> On 06.12.13 17:32, Gregg Kellogg wrote:
>
>>> Kind of a random thought: If I needed a SPARQL parser in Javascript
>>> at this point, I'd probably take one of the open source yacc-based
>>> ones and compile it to JS with a tool chain ending in emscripten. I
>>> bet that'd be the least work and result in (by far) the fastest
>>> parser.   Of course there'd be some work in figuring out the right
>>> data structures for output from the parser.
>
>> Not a bad idea. My own ruby parser generates essentially the same
>> S-expressions as Jena ARQ. Doing this made it useful to separate
>> parsing and expression generation from expression execution.
>
> Interesting didn't think of that idea either. Would be a faster way to
> have an initial parser working. But code would definitely not be small :-)
>
> Gregg do you have a pointer to your Ruby code?

Here it is: http://github.com/ruby-rdf/sparql. It's in the public domain.

Note that the test suite is separated into grammar and algebra parts, which both make use of the 1.0 and 1.1 SPARQL test suite. The SSE intermediates were generated from ARQ, with a little hand tweeting.

Gregg