Re: Are there any options with RDFa for Infographics

From: Stefan Götz <res-rdfa@untief.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 18:27:30 +0100
To: public-rdfa@w3.org
> As far as putting the
> content on page and using css to hide, this really isn't an option as
> search engines will penalize you for hidden content.

Instead of 'img', you could use HTML’s 'object' element, which allows
for more complex alternative/fallback content:

   <object data="infographic.png" type="image/png">
     <!-- alternative text for users that can’t access the image -->
    <!-- and you might include RDFa here, too -->
   </object>

As the object’s content is defined to be used as fallback, I think we
can safely assume that search engines know this and that they won’t
penalize content that is marked up according to the HTML specification.

--
Stefan