Re: 'easier in rdfa' writeup on description multiple classes/properties

Hi Dan,

Everything you say remains valid in RDFa1.1 (of course!). The additional possibilities of RDFa 1.1 are, in fact, marginal compared to the message you want to convey. It is possible to express the namespace declaration in a different way:

xmlns:vocab2="http://example.com/vocab2#"

could be

but this is really because many people get nervous by the xmlns:XXX syntax. It would also be possible to have a separate file, say, in turtle, defining the prefixes:

In danbri.ttl

[ rdfa:prefix "foaf" ;
         rdfa:uri "http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/"].
[ rdfa:prefix "vocab2" ;
         rdfa:uri "http://example.com/vocab2#"].

and have

YOu could even do a

[ rdfa:term "Person" ;
         rdfa:uri "http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/Person"].
[ rdfa:term "BiblioPerson" ;
         rdfa:uri "http://example.com/vocab2#BiblioPerson"].

and have

which may make it easier in some settings.

However, none of these _really_ add to your core message, namely that typing in RDFa is simpler...

Ivan

On Nov 2, 2010, at 13:25 , Dan Brickley wrote:

> Hi folks
>
> I've just written up some notes on RDF (1.0) and how it improves on
> RDF/XML when you want to say a thing is in several classes, or that
> two things are linked by several properties.
>
> http://danbri.org/words/2010/11/02/572
>
> I didn't say anything about RDFa 1.1 as I'm pretty ignorant of the
> current design. I'd be happy if anyone can flesh out how these things
> look in 1.1...
>
> cheers,
>
> Dan

----