Re: rev and the costs of inverses/aliases in SPARQL

On 08/03/10 15:00, Dan Connolly wrote:
> I just ran into this message again from an HTML 5 validator:
>
> "The rev attribute on the a element is obsolete. Use the rel attribute
> instead, with a term having the opposite meaning."

> Would the RDFa authoring community miss a/@rev if it went away?
> Does anyone have 1st-hand experience to share?

I'm not sure I have anything to add to what you said, but my experience
bears out what you say.

We use dc:contributor to relate university staff to publications
(broadly conceived). Every publication uses rel="dc:contributor" to
relate the topic of the page to members of staff (added to a link to the
staff page), and every staff page uses rev="dc:contributor" to relate
the topic of the page to a publication.

I don't really want to repeat everything using a new relation type, and
rearranging the page so that the contributor is the object of the
relationship on their staff page would be painful.

The existence of rev means that the rdfa additions to the html page are
minimal, and the relation type is uniform across the site.

Damian