Re: Mixed XHTML+MathML+SVG+RDFa markup

From: Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 00:51:26 +0000
To: Shlomi Fish <shlomif@iglu.org.il>
Cc: public-rdfa@w3.org
On Thu, 2009-12-31 at 00:42 +0200, Shlomi Fish wrote:
> XHTML, MathML, SVG, RDFa, etc. and still validate. I'm looking for a
> good DTD definition.

Ah, I see. As far as I know, nobody has bothered to create one. Someone
would need to take:

	http://www.w3.org/TR/XHTMLplusMathMLplusSVG/

And add in the RDFa module. (Adding the Role attribute module too might
be nice.)

That said, DTD validation doesn't really work with RDFa, or indeed any
namespaced XML, because DTDs are namespace-unaware. (The W3C validator
hides a few namespace-related error messages, so you might not notice
how poorly DTD-based validation works for namespaced documents.) A Relax
NG schema might be of better practical use for authors wishing to check
XHTML+MathML+SVG+RDFa documents.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>