Re: A roadmap for RDFa in Drupal core

Hi Manu,

Thanks for your feedback.
> A couple of comments/questions:
>
> - You should give admins the option to enable/disable RDFa output for
>   SIOC/FOAF/etc. Disabling RDFa output, however, shouldn't change the
>   DOCTYPE in case one of the content authors wants to explicitly embed
>   RDFa via the content editor.

Keeping the same DOCTYPE makes things easier for the reasons you
mention, and that's how it's done so far in the current patch. Disabling
RDFa output will be done on a per attribute basis to allow greater
control on what's annotated. The challenge here is to keep the UI simple
for the user/admin.
> - Will Drupal now be the largest implementation of GRDDL?

That would be great. At least that's what we are all hoping for!
> - I think the biggest problem that all CMSes are going to have is
>   WYSIWYG editing of RDFa. Are there plans for this yet? I haven't
>   really seen this done in an intuitive way - just wondering if you guys
>   had put some thought into it.

someone mentioned this idea in the Drupal semantic web group:
http://groups.drupal.org/node/16553
but that's the only thing I'm aware of so far.
> - "RDFa in content types and fields" - this is a fantastic way to
>   automatically mark up content. You might consider being able to
>   enable/disable this on a per-entry basis - people might not want
>   to make certain entries machine-readable/crawl-able.

It will be for sure switchable on a content type basis.
"enable/disable this on a per-entry basis" - do you mean entry as on a
page basis? It's easier with an example: say I have a content type
"artist" with a field "name". The field "name" is RDFa enabled. Did you
mean to be able to disable it on a per-artist basis?

Stéphane.