Re: If no datatype is specified for @datatime

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 11:09 AM, Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.net>wrote:

> On Jan 17, 2013, at 5:03 PM, Stéphane Corlosquet <scorlosquet@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/rdfa-in-html/#additional-rdfa-processing-rules
>
> "If no datatype is specified, and the value does not match any of the
> automatically detected xsd datatypes, a plain literal must be generated
> with the associated language of the node, if available. "
>
> Could we be more precise regarding datatype here, and use "datatype
> attribute" instead of datatype. I'm particularly interested in the case
> where there is an empty datatype attribute with @datetime.
>
> to give more context, I found this part of the spec not very clear while
working on the easyrdf RDFa parser.

in other words, what does "no datatype" means? does it include the scenario
when there is no datatype attribute and also when there is an empty
datatype attribute? or the former only? then what happens in the case of
the later?

It seems to me that a plain literal could be generated when there is an
empty @datatype (in line with RDFA-CORE).

To make a concrete proposal, add "If an empty datatype is present" to the
second sentence:
[[[
If datatype is specified, it must take precedence. If no datatype is
specified, and the value does not match any of the automatically detected
xsd datatypes, a plain literal must be generated with the associated
language of the node, if available.
]]]
would become
[[[
If datatype is specified, it must take precedence. If an empty datatype is
present, or if no datatype is specified and the value does not match any of
the automatically detected xsd datatypes, a plain literal must be generated
with the associated language of the node, if available.
]]]

Steph.

--
Steph.