Fwd: Call for Exclusions: HTML+RDFa 1.1

Jean-Pierre, Sebastian, Ted, Stéphane, Steven

You are listed as members of the RDFa Working Group, per[1], even if some of you are not active in the group any more. Nevertheless, it is very important that you take an active step explicitly excluding any patent claim in the name of your institution.

The reason for this unusual (ie, active instead of the usual passive) step is that a bug in the patent policy system manifested itself in this case, due to the fact that the HTML5+RDFa document was originally started by the HTML WG and was then taken over by the RDFa WG. As a result of this bug, the 'usual' IPP mail, which relies on a time interval (6 months) to exclude patents, started few months later than anticipated (end of November instead of September). On the other hand, the WG is ready with HTML5+RDFa, ie, unless some unexpected comments come in during the Last Call period, the group is ready to close the work and start a Proposed Recommendation phase in a few weeks. That is... this is not possible in case we rely on the traditional 'passive' patent disclosure approach (the 6 months are not yet over), we would have to wait several months, doing... nothing. Hence the exceptional approach of asking you in making the 'active' step as outlined in the mail of Ian below.

We would appreciate if you could take the few minutes in filling the form

http://www.w3.org/2004/01/pp-impl/44350/exclude

In case of any practical issues, please contact Ian Jacobs (ij@w3.org) who will be happy to help.

Thank you!

Manu & Ivan