Re: Updated the core spec (ISSUE-106 ISSUE-107)

On Sep 21, 2011, at 08:07 , Toby Inkster wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 06:28:00 -0700
> Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:
>
>> my implementation is slightly different, but Gregg's is following the
>> algorithm by the letter. Gregg?
>
> OK, got it working.
>
> My mistake it seems is that while the prefix mapping needs to be passed
> from a parent to child evaluation context by value (to avoid a prefix
> declaration on the child element affecting its ancestors), the list
> mapping needs to be passed by reference.

I wonder whether there is some remark to be done in the document to make that clearer?

(Sorry, I am on a meeting now, hence I cannot really look into the text proper...)

> I have one further comment: in stage 14, it does not state how to
> handle when a list exists but is empty. Initially I thought that
> perhaps the previous processing steps ensure that this state is never
> reached. But I was incorrect - sometimes, there will be an empty list.
>
> For example, processing the following:

> In this case I'm generating:
>
> 	<> rdfa:testing () .

I think that is right per spec.

> Though another option would be to simply generate no triple from it.

Indeed but, after all, the author _did_ use the onlist attribute, so an empty list seems to be appropriate for me...

Thanks!