Re: @itemref functionality wrt itemtype context

Actually, it wasn't multiple references to the same object that we need
itemref for in the microdata implementation. It was that there are often
properties that are outside of the entity's branch of the DOM tree, so the
only options are to include an invisible meta element for each value,
duplicating the values, or to use itemref. Itemref should be better for
front end performance because it results in fewer characters for most use
cases, so that's why Drupal would need it.

While the ability of an itemref-ed item to be referenced from multiple
elements could come in handy, it isn't a use case I had explored yet. At
first glance, having multiple abouts would seem to make RDFa harder to grok,
but I haven't really thought deeply about it.

-Lin

Lin Clark
DERI, NUI Galway <http://www.deri.ie/>

lin-clark.com