Re: Re 2: RDF Interfaces - new draft

Ivan Herman wrote:
> I have one more comment/question.
>
> In the RDFNode interface there is a separate toSring() and toNT() method. Is it really necessary to have these separately? In the case of the Triple interface toString() is defined as giving the NT representation of a triple, wouldn't it be more logical to say exactly the same for the individual Nodes, and drop the separate toNT() method?

We need to have a stringifier on there, we can either decorate the value
with 'stringifier' (which entails implementations adding a toString
method) or have a separate toString method (as we do now), either way
the result of calling toString is quite different than calling toNT, and
both are needed, /especially/ for named nodes and literals. I find I use
both methods all the time (toNT a bit less), and toString is really
indispensable.

Best,

Nathan