Re: RDF Interfaces - new draft

Yay:-)

I have a few minor comments below, but those can be taken care of later. The document can go, in my view, to a FPWD right away:-)

My minor issues:

- I see you have the 'value' and the 'valueOf()' for RDF Nodes. After having read the interface specification it is clear that they are different (primarily for Literals). But I am not sure using essentially the same English term is good here. I am not 100% sure what to replace these terms with; maybe the 'value' attribute should be replaced by 'id'? Nay, that is not really good either...:-( The RDF Semantics uses the word 'denotation' for, well, the string value of a URI, but that seems to be a mouthful for that...

In any case, _before_ reading the details I was certainly messed up a bit by having these two together.

- In 2.4.1 it says:

"The following shows an example set of common TripleFilters exposed on a filter attribute of RDFEnvironment:"

referring to rdf.filters.s and the like. It is not clear from the text, however, whether it is _required_ for an RDFEnvironment to implement those, or whether they are a typical set of filters that an RDFEnvironment may implement. I am not against the former, actually, but then we should list those as part of the RDFEnvironment specification.

- This is more a question than a bug: how does a programmer get to a parser? In your last example the 'turtle' parser is just magically there; how does that work in practice. Does it mean that, somehow, a library has to provide me with an implementation of the RDFInterface and a set of parsers whose names I have to find from the library's documentation?

I would have expected to find, for example, a list of available parsers and serializers in the RDFEnvironment and I could start from there. Or, alternatively, have a method like

getParser(format)

where format identifies the serialization format and the rdf interface returns, eg, the parser instance. The same with a serializer, of course.

Ivan