Re: First sketch of the new RDF-API

following on.. surely all it needs is:

[NoInterfaceObject]
interface DocumentData {
   Projection  getProjection (in DOMString subject, in optional object
template);
     Sequence  getProjections (in optional object template);
     Sequence  getProjections (in optional DOMString property, in
optional DOMString? value, in optional object template);
     Sequence   getProperties (in optional DOMString? subject);
     Sequence   getSubjects (in optional DOMString? property, in
optional DOMString? value);
     Sequence   getValues (in optional DOMString? subject, in optional
DOMString? property);
     DOMString  setMapping (in in DOMString mapping, in in DOMString uri);
};

+ some way to .parse and some way to .query ?

Nathan wrote:
> yup, small note (well not small tbh).. the RDF Interfaces kind of needs
> the PrefixMap, TermMap, Profile and RDFEnvironment, else it's totally
> unusable and indeed isn't anything. Indeed I was quite surprised to even
> see them in this document, thought it was to be a developer focused read
> only API similar to the RDFa API, a layer of abstraction above?
>

> Ivan Herman wrote:
>> Brilliant.
>>
>> Just a few things
>>
>> - you still have a reference to the rdfa environment in Document Data.
>> We should certainly not keep it under that type and name. On the other
>> hand, afaik the only role of the rdfa environment was to have the
>> query, I wonder whether not calling it rdfa might be better for both
>> and use that accordingly
>> - should the rdf environment in the same interface still be optional?
>> - I wonder whether it makes sense to elevate the term and prefix
>> mapping interfaces into this level; these can be accessed via the rdf
>> environment of the document data...
>> - What I miss is how to get to a parser. THe RDFa API did not need
>> this because, well, we had the Document object; in here we would need
>> some access to the parsers with maybe much less options than in the
>> core RDF Interfaces, ie, a stripped down version of that stuff...
>>
>> Great...
>>
>> Ivan
>>

>> On Apr 29, 2011, at 17:35 , Benjamin Adrian wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I just added first draft of a new RDF-API [1] which consists of copied
>>> passages from the old RDF API (now RDF Interfaces) and RDFa API.
>>>
>>> At the moment the section 1.Introduction remained the same. I will
>>> re-edit it after a discussion about the content of Section 2. The RDF
>>> API Specification.
>>>
>>> As this is just a first sketch of a draft, much more editing work
>>> remains to bring this Spec in good shape.
>>> This evening I am going to add notes to the RDFa-API / RDF-interfaces
>>> on each passage that I copied to this new spec.
>>>
>>> Best regards and a wonderful weekend,
>>>
>>> Ben
>>>
>>> [1] http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/sources/rdf-api/Overview-src1.html
>>>
>>> --
>>> __________________________________________
>>> Benjamin Adrian
>>> Email : benjamin.adrian@dfki.de
>>> WWW : http://www.dfki.uni-kl.de/~adrian/
>>> Tel.: +49631 20575 1450
>>> Twitter: http://twitter.com/BenBanBun
>>> Skype: benbanbun
>>> Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Künstliche Intelligenz GmbH
>>> Firmensitz: Trippstadter Straße 122, D-67663 Kaiserslautern
>>> Geschäftsführung:
>>> Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vorsitzender) Dr. Walter