Re: RDF API updates

Ivan Herman wrote:
> On Apr 24, 2011, at 15:01 , Nathan wrote:
>> Ivan Herman wrote:
>>> On Apr 23, 2011, at 17:29 , Nathan wrote:
>>> So... where does it leave us? I believe that
>>> 1. The Literal lexical value must be stored alongside the lexical-to-value-space mapping results
>>> 2. Formally, the equality of literals should follow 6.5.1 above. But the API can be silent on that and simply refer to the right section of the RDF Concepts document

Question! :)

The lexical value.. is that:
- the lexical form of the value
- the canonical lexical form
- the lexical form as found within the serialization at parse time
(assuming there is one)

so are we saying that the following are all different for purposes of
establishing equality?

"100"^^xsd:double
"1E2"^^xsd:double
"1e2"^^xsd:double
"+100"^^xsd:double
"+1E2"^^xsd:double
"+1e2"^^xsd:double

Also, just what do we do about literals people are creating? for example:

   createLiteral(100, "xsd:double");
   createLiteral(10*10, "xsd:double");
   createLiteral(1e2, "xsd:double");
   createLiteral(+1e2, "xsd:double");
   createLiteral(+100, "xsd:double");

All of those values are of the type (number) in javascript and have the
same value "100" with no access to the original form.

Best,

Nathan