Re: Latest changes introducing the RDF API

This is not a detailed review of the API document, just reaction based on a cursory look.

- I am opposed to include a Graph Literal interface. Unless the RDF WG decides to allow graph literals, we should not introduce something in the RDF API that clearly goes beyond RDF. Extensions may do it, the core RDF API should not...

- This refers back to the issue I raised the other day. We have here a comprehensive API for RDF heads. This is needed, and is good to have. But a Javascript developer will run away screaming if he/she would like to use RDF data on the Web for a simple application. What the RDFa API found as a beautiful balance and provide a high level interface for those who do not really care about RDF, is missing here.

More specifically, we should have somewhere (in another document, perhaps) the projection interface and the necessary functions around it as a separate layer that could be on top of the RDF API but is not bound to RDFa. It should be possible to use such an interface while the data is parsed from a turtle file on the Web.

I do believe we have all this, it is a matter of editing and make it more explicit...

Just my continuing musing...

Ivan