Re: API typos

From: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@webbackplane.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 15:29:16 +0000
To: Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>
Cc: public-rdfa-wg@w3.org
Hi Toby,

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 2:33 PM, Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk> wrote:
> The default DataContext is said to contain this mapping:
>
>        document.data.context.setMapping("xsd",
>                "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-datatypes#");
>
> That should probably be:
>
>        document.data.context.setMapping("xsd",
>                "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#");
> [...]

The "-datatypes" version of the URI is supposed to be used in
situations where you don't want to import the entire XML Schemas
schema, which is why we used it. But after a bit of Googling it looks
like no-one has every used it!

  <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-schema-comments/2005AprJun/0103.html>

So unless anyone knows otherwise, if no-one else is using this
namespace it seems daft for us to do so, and you're right that we
should just revert to the 'shorter version' (as Dan calls it).

Thanks for pointing it out.

Regards,

Mark