Re: Some RDFa 1.1 Core edge cases that we need to clarify

From: Martin McEvoy <martin@weborganics.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 13:15:44 +0100
To: Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>
Cc: public-rdfa-wg@w3.org
Hello Toby,

On 24 October 2010 13:34, Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk> wrote:

> EXAMPLE 1:

>  <head>
>    <base href="http://example.com/base" />
>  </head>
>    <h1 property="title">Hello World</h1>
>
> What is the triple here? @vocab is supposed to be an absolute URI, but
> here on <body> it's relative. So, should parsers error-correct and thus
> create a triple with predicate <http://example.com/2#title>; should
> they ignore that vocab attribute, and generate a triple with predicate
> <http://example.com/1#title>; or should the invalid vocab value reset
> the default vocabulary to undefined, meaning that the token "title"
> can't be expanded to anything, thus no triple is generated?

The second vocab attribute "2#" would resolve to
http://example.com/base2#which may be wrong?

I think @vocab should always be an absolute URI (easier to parse an less
complicated) I know the spec only defines @vocab as just a URI this I
believe should be changed to an AbsURI.

> EXAMPLE 2:
>
> A profile defines:
>
>        [] rdfa:term "Agent" ; rdfa:uri foaf:Agent .
>        [] rdfa:term "agent" ; rdfa:uri event:agent .
>        [] rdfa:term "name" ; rdfa:uri foaf:name .
>

> That's fine, and this should work:

> But what happens here? It doesn't seem to be well-defined.

I would Imagine that your second example would be dropped from the graph
because RDFa is case sensitive and you haven't included the uppercase values
in the profile, AGENT, agent and Agent are not the same in the RDF world.

Best wishes

Martin McEvoy