Re: HTML5 Polyglot spec and RDFa

Nathan wrote:
> Gregg Kellogg wrote:
>> Manu shared a thought in a separate chat, where we could potentially
>> resolve this problem by first doing a case-sensitive match and falling
>> back to a case-insensitive match if one wasn't found in the first
>> case. So, you might have the following markup:

>>   <a rel="CiTE">..
>>
>> It could correctly match typeof="Agent" to foaf:Agent and rel="agent"
>> to event:agent, but would match rel="CiTE" to xhv:cite because it
>> would fall back to a case-insensitive match.
>
> but it would fail to correctly match

The only places TERMs can appear are:
   @datatype    // can only be a Datatype
   @typeof      // can only be a Class

   @property    // can only be a Property
   @rel         // can only be a Property
   @rev         // can only be a Property

Thus we can clear up some of the ambiguity by adding some types to the
rdfa vocab rdfa:ClassAlias, rdfa:DatatypeAlias, rdfa:PropertyAlias -
this means that:

   only a rdfa:ClassAlias could be used with @typeof
   only a rdfa:DatatypeAlias could be used with @datatype

leaving property, rel, rev to only ever consider rdfa:PropertyAlias

thus with a practical example:

[ a rdfa:PropertyAlias; rdfa:term "agent"; rdfa:uri
"http://purl.org/NET/c4dm/event.owl#agent" ] .

[ a rdfa:ClassAlias; rdfa:term "Agent"; rdfa:uri
"http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/Agent" ] .

So this way:

could only ever resolve to foaf:Agent

whilst:

could only ever resolve to event:agent

Make sense or have I missed something?

notes:
- might need to add a rdfa:TermAlias which the others subclass so we can
set the domain appropriately
- not suggesting those exact names for the classes, just first thing I
could think of for this mail!

Best,

Nathan