Re: HTML5 Polyglot spec and RDFa

Shane McCarron wrote:
>  Yes - this was part of the rationale for requiring that 'terms' always
> be processed in a case insensitive manner.  I appreciate the use case
> where there might be a hybrid vocabulary defined that brought in terms
> that differ only in case.  I propose that we include in the RDFa Core
> spec (in the section on RDFa Profiles) a note that when defining such a
> profile, the author should either forgo one of the terms OR, more
> interestingly, change one of the terms so that there is no collision.
> For example, stealing from Gregg's example the other day:
>>
>> [ rdfa:term "agent"; rdfa:uri
>> "http://purl.org/NET/c4dm/event.owl#agent" ] .
>> [ rdfa:term "Agent"; rdfa:uri "http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/Agent" ] .
>>

> Basically, don't do that.  Instead, do:
>

> [ rdfa:term "owlAgent"; rdfa:uri
> "http://purl.org/NET/c4dm/event.owl#agent" ] .
> [ rdfa:term "foafAgent"; rdfa:uri "http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/Agent" ] .
>
> No conflict - viola!

sorry, but immediately this screams of no-benefit to me, that's just a
non-problematic-CURIE with the colon removed - and that we'd be better
just to stick to

   rel="foaf:Agent"
   rel="owl:agent"

and viola no conflict at all and issue resolved.

In many ways rdfa:term is only really useful if it's a functionality
match for microformats and link-relations, case insensitive.

ps: fwiw I can't think of an example where we'd have a class like
foaf:Agent in the property position of a triple, but this still affects
things like :holdsAccount :replyTo etc - but again when would an
ontology ever have `:replyTo` and `:replyto` in it? So maybe this is a
use case we never really hit with any ambiguity..

Best,

Nathan