Re: ISSUE-46 (conversion of plain literals to IRIs): Should plain literals that match fully qualified IRIs be automatically converted to IRIs [RDFa 1.1 Core]

On Thu, 7 Oct 2010 11:52:48 +0100
Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@webbackplane.com> wrote:

> My understanding of the use-case described was not 'hey
> everyone...let's just make literals and URIs the same', but rather the
> motivation was that authors wanting to use something like OGP might
> accidently use @property/@content instead of @rel/@resource/@href.

Authors using:

Are not doing so accidentally but intentionally. This is the correct
use of the OGP vocab. OGP is certainly not the only place where URIs
may appear as literals deliberately.

See, for instance:
	<http://purl.org/NET/uri>
	<http://open.vocab.org/docs/canonicalUri>