RDFa API comments from TimBL

From: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2010 22:29:24 +0100
To: RDFA Working Group <public-rdfa-wg@w3.org>
CC: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>
Hi All,

I was speaking to Tim Berners-Lee earlier who asked me to pass on some
feedback, he is very keen to see the RDFa API (particularly the
DataStore interface) aligned with the IndexedFormula from Tabulator, to
be specific "I think there is a big mistake happening to not make the
RDFa API look like (tabulators) RDF API where it can" - he has also
quickly hacked out some examples in section 3.2 here to cover some of
the use-cases:

   http://www.w3.org/2010/rdf-api/RDF-API.html#using-the-basic-api

Personally, I am also keen to see this happen, preferably implementing a
simple DataStore which can be wrapped in an IndexedDataStore -
tabulators library is time proven and many years of feedback and
improvements have been made, it would be a shame to loose that.

Unless there are any objections, I'll start defining and implementing an
IndexedDataStore to match the functionality of the IndexedFormula from
tabulator, which is also in line with my post-implementation-feedback
[1] earlier this week.

Best,

Nathan

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdfa-wg/2010Sep/0149.html