Re: An interesting viewpoint about the negatives of profiling

From: Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 16:15:25 +0000
To: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Cc: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>, RDFa WG <public-rdfa-wg@w3.org>
On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 14:41:22 +0100
Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:

> There is a reference to a blog comparing RDFa to microformats which
> is hopelessly outdated and, as far as I can judge, was factually
> wrong even at the time it was written, etc...

In fairness to Evan, whose blog post is referenced, it was written in
September 2007, before the first public working draft of XHTML+RDFa 1.0
was published, when the only public W3C documents describing RDFa were
the XHTML 2.0 working drafts.

Evan is now lead developer of StatusNet, the software that powers
identi.ca. While the only RDFa StatusNet publishes is the
grandfathered-in rel values and a little OGP here and there, it does
publish some pretty good FOAF, SIOC and RSS in RDF/XML.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>