Re: An interesting viewpoint about the negatives of profiling

On Nov 16, 2010, at 07:01 , Shane McCarron wrote:

> I read this.  I will read it again.  But when we are talking about subsetting RDFa and the problems it could cause... we should remember this article.  http://radar.oreilly.com/2010/11/semantic-web-linked-data.html

I am not impressed. Presenting a dichotomy of Linked Data vs. Semantic Web is wrong. The Linked Data move use practically all Semantic Web technologies around, and that is fine, this is the way it should be. The Ordnance Survey publishes their data in RDF; as far as I know, in hard core RDF, not RDFa. There is a reference to a blog comparing RDFa to microformats which is hopelessly outdated and, as far as I can judge, was factually wrong even at the time it was written, etc...