Re: attempting to merge the 'vocab' and 'profile' documents

On 2010-3-7 10:39 , Mark Birbeck wrote:
> Hi Ivan,
>
>> I am afraid we disagree:-(
>
> I know. ;)

:-)

[snip]

>> That 'control' RDF graph is there to give additional information
>> on how that extraction should operate. It is, in this abstract sense,
>> the same as when one uses an RDF graph to describe how a particular
>> relational data from an RDB, using a particular Relational Database
>> Schema, should be extracted to generate an RDF graph (and such systems
>> do exist already). The two graphs, ie, the 'control' one and the
>> 'target' one, are different; there is no circularity for me.
>
> But what you are describing here is not the same thing at all.
>
> Using an RDF graph to define the processing of another RDF graph is
> fine, but the implication here is that you have (1) interpreted both
> graphs, and now (2) you are doing some processing with the triples
> you've extracted -- the parsing is opaque.

Hm, this is not what I feel is happening. The processor is working on
some non-RDF data (XHTML+RDFa file) and, the 'vocab' graph directs this
processor on how to generate that 'target' draft. Ie, I do not see your
point (1) at all. The triples from the 'vocab' graph are used while
producing the 'target' graph, and there is no question on processing the
triples that are extracted. The URI-s in the @profile/@vocab attributes
do _not_ appear in the 'target' graph at all! Ie, just as you say for
@base, the uri-s in the @profile are not (RDF) predicates.

Ivan

FOAF   : http://www.ivan-herman.net/foaf.rdf
vCard  : http://www.ivan-herman.net/HermanIvan.vcf